1. What is 1023 to the nearest 100?
2. Find the mode of the following numbers:
2, 0, 0, 0, 3, 5, 7, 3, 0, 5, 9, 21, 20, 7, 3, 8, 6, 3, 5, 3
3. What is the prime factorisation of 48?
4. Which of the answers is equal to (3a/7 + 2a) x 1/3? Select all the correct answers.
5. Rank these in order from the smallest to the largest:
A. 1552 to the nearest 10.
B. 1552 to the nearest 100.
C. 1552 to the nearest 1,000.
D. 1552 to the nearest 10,000.
6. The distance from London to Birmingham is 150 miles. Hsiruas starts from London at 8am, and drives at a speed of 60mph for 90 miles. He stops at a service station for 30 minutes, and then continues driving until he reaches Birmingham at 11:30am.
What is his average speed, in miles per hour, once he starts driving after his break at the service station?
7. A box contains 6 black socks and 10 gray socks. If I take out two socks (without replacing), what is the probability that I have a pair of socks of the same colour?
8. Brittany buys 3 books for £5.99 each. She also buys 7 posters that are priced at £2.50 each, but come with a buy-2-get-1-free offer. How much does she spend in total?
9. I buy a cubical ice-box with a capacity of 8 litres. I want to gift-wrap it as a present. Gift wrap paper costs £4 per square meter. How much will it cost, to the nearest pound, to wrap the ice box?
10. Nevihs is sawing planks of wood into rectangles. He has a plank of wood with dimensions 1m x 20cm. He has been asked to cut a rectangle from it with an area of 100 cm2, and the lowest possible perimeter. What are the dimensions of the rectangle he cuts?
11. Which of these are possible values for the length and width of a rectangle whose area is 48m2? Select all the correct answers.